About the role
Using your people management skills, you will lead a team delivering outstanding service levels with regards to operational processes, telephone management and resource planning, not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of the team including work distribution and process management
- Resource management – team and skill based rota to meet inbound telephone and customer portal traffic
- Team building/engagement
- Individual development and succession planning
- Internal and external stakeholder management experience is essential
The team you’ll lead is highly skilled, managing high volumes of roadside and onsite breakdowns and non-scheduled repairs on a wide range of vehicles for many of the country’s blue-chip companies. You will have the ability to monitor performance against expectations, ensuring that business objectives are being surpassed, and that best practices and excellent customer service are in operation across the team. An understanding of the fleet industry, HGV maintenance and compliance as well as supplier management, customer service processes, functions and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be an inspirational leader with a clear vision and desire to deliver a service that’s best-in-class.
This is a professional, fast-paced, challenging and exciting role working within a customer focused high call volume / transactional environment. The ability to manage various stakeholders is essential, as is the ability to work under pressure maintaining accuracy to the agreed service levels, whilst delivering a world-class service.
- Strengthen our performance culture by injecting high levels of energy, focus, responsiveness and engagement resulting in continuously improving our service to the customer
- Manage the team to effectively cover a high volume of inbound calls and case administration
- Monitor incoming work volumes and maintain forecasting models to ensure staffing levels are correct
- Proactively monitor department performance against KPIs and SLAs and take appropriate action to remedy any negative trends
- Drive excellent customer satisfaction and effective resolution of customer complaints or queries via all contact methods
- Ensure the team adhere to compliance and operator licence legislation
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and customers and providing excellent customer service levels whilst under pressure
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across HGV and the wider business to encourage a one team approach
- Work with key stakeholders across HGV and the wider business to ensure challenges to current processes, systems and customer platforms are driven forward for continuous improvement
- Create an inspiring team environment and take responsibility for engagement within the team
- Proactively communicate and engage with the team on business and department updates
- Day-to-day management of a large team
- Conduct 121s and actively encourage employees personal development
- Provide leadership and direction to the team always promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Coaching, mentoring and developing all team members to maximise their potential and ensure ongoing career development
- Ensuring the shift pattern operates effectively giving the business maximum coverage throughout the teams working hours, including holidays, lunch periods and training
- Monitor team sickness, absence and holidays and adherence to department and company disciplines
- You must strive for best practice across the team at all times and do this in a fair and consistent way
Ready to get started?
If you think you have what we’re looking for and would like to apply for one of our current opportunities, please click the button to send us an email. Can’t see a vacancy that’s right for you? Click the button and let us know what type of role you are interested in. We regularly update our current opportunities and will be in touch if we find a fit for you.