So, you’ve chosen your model, placed your order and it’s been confirmed. All that’s left to do is take delivery of your brand new car – how exciting!
To help you out on the big day, here’s a handy checklist of things to look out for:
- Has the delivery driver provided an explanation of the vehicle controls that you are happy with and understand?
- Are the exterior colour and interior trim as you ordered?
- Is the vehicle unmarked? That means absolutely no scratches or dents.
- Is the vehicle showroom clean?
- If the vehicle has alloy wheels, is the locking wheel nut key in the glove box?
- Are any additional options specified on order as they should be? E.g. Bluetooth
- Are the service and user manuals present?
- Have you been given at least one set of spare keys?
- Do the number plates on the vehicle match the registration number on the paperwork?
- Have four floor mats been provided?
Driving an electric?
- Check that you have been provided with a mobile charging cable
- Ask if the car is charged and ready to go
- Locate the vehicle’s charge point and check that your mobile charging kit has the correct adapter
- Ask if your new electric car comes with an app