Supporting diversity in leadership – the best people at the best place to work
At Zenith we are committed to focusing on diversity and are addressing this in a number of ways. We recognise that the industry in which we operate can be male dominated and that our current demographics reflect this.
We are confident that our Achieving Potential Leadership Programme has begun to redress the gender balance at senior levels in the Group. We also recognise that it is essential to establish and protect a pipeline for future talent, to achieve longer term trends of balance and diversity and provide a clear career progression path for our employees.
To support a more diverse future workforce we have put the following measures in place:
50:50 gender targets for recruitment onto apprenticeships and graduate programmes
- 4 of 7 graduates recruited in 2017 were female
- 3 of 6 apprentices recruited in 2017 were female
Mentoring programme provided to managers, including external coaching.
- Twice as many women received promotions in 2017 as men
For the future, additional measures to be put in place to support this process are:
- Improved parental policies including enhancements to maternity and paternity pay, from 1 April 2018
- Improved policies for managing employees returning to work after leave, to support their transition back into the business